الصفحات

Now, Hrithik vs Salman... it's a no contest

احدث اجدد واروع واجمل واشيك Now, Hrithik vs Salman... it's a no contest

Now, Hrithik vs Salman... it's a no contest
The beefy actor waxes eloquent on his upcoming movies, why he loves Dubai and the 'Guzaarish' controversy
By

    * Keith J Fernandez

Published Sunday, February 27, 2011


Hrithik Roshan and Salman Khan. (AGENCIES)

Hrithik Roshan's last film, "Guzaarish", may have tanked at the box office, but the actor's work has been critically acclaimed and applauded.  Speaking to Emirates247.com, the Bollywood star waxes eloquent on his upcoming movies, why he loves the UAE and that whole 'Guzaarish' business. Excerpts:
 
So what's your reaction to being immortalised in wax? And how did Madame Tussaud's decide on your character from "Dhoom 2"?

I'm trying to absorb it, everyone's so excited and it feels so good, I'm just full of gratitude. Regarding "Dhoom 2", that wasn't a decision I took on my own – we sent out several options to fans and that character came out on top. I think that's because he resonates with the audience, he has a raw, core mass appeal that the audience can easily identify  with. 
 
It's also very much about the body beautiful – your six packs are on show. But how much time do you actually spend in the gym every day?

It's not about hours, not about how much time, it's about consistency. That's the most important thing when it comes to your health. It doesn't really make a difference if you've got a six pack if you aren't healthy.
 
Tell me about "Agneepath". Apparently you share this sizzling chemistry with Priyanka Chopra?

That chemistry that has been reported on has not been created yet. But I'm very very excited. I haven't played a character that is so raw, so intense, so grounded in the Indian world, ever before. This really is one of my toughest roles. 
 
And "Zindagi Na Milega Dobaara"?

It's a fantastic departure from my other roles and really is much larger than life. It cuts through the chaff and brings the character down to basics, there's no excess baggage – it's just three boys on a road trip. So it's a bright, colourful film with an ensemble cast and should be a joyful, fun film. It's not a character that requires preparation. 
 
You're working on a dance-based TV show, too – what's that about?

All I can say, really, is that it's on the cards. I can't talk about it.
 
What about "Guzaarish"? After the film flopped at the box office, do you feel vindicated that you've won awards for your work?

Doing the film was a gift in itself. I've not received this kind of adulation before. When I look back, ten years from now, my career will be split into pre-"Guzaarish" and post-"Guzaarish". But I've got to pass the credit on to God and to Sanjay Leela  Bhansali. If I accept it, it might just go to my head. [But] I've never experienced reactions like this ever, I've not seen people stand up in silence and applaud. And if the film didn't do well at the box office, sometimes money does have to bow down to art.
 
Talking of "Guzaarish", what's going on with Salman Khan? After the pair of you traded insults, where's the relationship now?

[The relationship] is what it's always been, just like Salman himself. It's absolutely cool. There was something said, and I used the same platform to give my reactions – it was nothing personal. But things are great now. In fact, it's situations like this that bring people closer. There is only love in Salman Khan's heart. We've both spoken about it, and it's done with now.
 
You're a regular visitor to Dubai – have you thought about buying a house here?

That's something that time will tell. For the moment I'm too involved with India to move to Dubai permanently, but I'd love to have a second home [here]. Dubai would be a natural choice, it's so close to Mumbai and such a colourful departure from my world – only two hours away, but completely different people. And there's so much love for us in Dubai, the people always make us feel at home.

...

المشاركات الشائعة