الصفحات

Interview with Stylist Marisa Meloski of Second Time Around by JESSCONATSER on FEBRUARY 7, 2011

احدث اجدد واروع واجمل واشيك Interview with Stylist Marisa Meloski of Second Time Around by JESSCONATSER on FEBRUARY 7, 2011

second time around

This post is by Jess Conatser, photos by Jennine!

Meet Marisa Meloski — current director of styling for Second Time Around – an upscale consignment company that carries new and almost-new designer clothing and accessories that boast 23 locations state wide. Currently, we're coveting the Second Time Around located in Nolita at 262 Mott Street where a day of snap shots and shopping took place as well as an interview with the lovely Meloski where she shares her fashion history, favorite finds, tips on consignment shopping for newbys and much, MUCH more!

Enjoy!

The Coveted: How did you get involved with Second Time around and what is some of your background in the fashion industry?

Marisa Meloski: I began my career with Second Time Around as a part-time sales associate at our flagship store at 176 Newbury St. in Boston, MA in the Fall of 2004. As STA and I have grown, I have been privileged enough to manage three locations, open new stores, style and direct photos shoots, style fashion shows and most recently – act as a visual merchandiser and buyer. In addition, I also work as a stylist and wardrobe consultant for Stilista Boston, Boston's premier styling agency.

TC: Have you always had a passion for unique high-end designer pieces?

MM: I have always had a love for fashion. Not only am I interested in the pieces themselves, but I have always been interested in textiles and techniques, the vision behind a collection and the history of the designer and/or design house. This probably stems from my background in art history and a great set of fashion genes from my mom who was a bit of a fashionista in her day.

TC: What advice can you give a shopper who is new to consignment shopping, but is looking to get their feet wet?

MM: Consignment shopping is the best kind of shopping. Not only are you guaranteed to get a good deal, but you are also guaranteed to find something interesting and unique. Also, the satisfaction of "the hunt" is unparalleled in the shopping world. However, you need to put in your time when shopping consignment. This can be accomplished in one of two ways. Either you clear your schedule for an afternoon devoted to digging through the racks at your local consignment store leaving no stone unturned, or you make frequent short visits at your local consignment shop so that you are constantly aware of the shifts in inventory. Finally, getting to know the staff at your local store is a sure-fire way to find what you are looking for. The more they know about you and your fashion tastes, the more they can help you find what you want.

TC: As a stylist for Second Time Around – do you find yourself getting involved with the buying/ finding unique consignment pieces that your clientele would love?

MM: As a former Manager at 3 of our locations, I spent many years on the sales-floor reviewing consignment and "buying" for the company. To this day, it is still one of my favorite ways to spend a day at work. You just never know what is going to be in consignor's bag/suitcase/box and I am blown away on a regular basis by the amazing pieces that people bring in to consign. One man's trash is truly another man's treasure!!

Now that I am off of the sales-floor, I have been lucky enough to become involved in buying behind the scenes. I am responsible for buying brand-new jewelry to complement our consigned jewelry, I have launched a line of basics – tanks, tees and leggings – that are meant to help our customers build fully realized outfits – right down to the layers underneath – and I am constantly on the look-out for great, brand-new merchandise that retailers may be unloading that STA can scoop up and offer to our customers at a fraction of the retail cost.

TC: Do you make yourself available for all clients if and when they become interested in having a stylist put together a look suited specifically for them?

MM: I am always happy to take time out of my day to help a customer – new or old – find what they want at one of our stores.

TC: Where can we find you on any given day? Do you travel the city or flit around all 23 Second Time Around boutiques?

MM: My home base is our office in Boston, MA. However, I am always out and about visiting the downtown Boston stores that I oversee. Additionally, you will often find me in NYC shopping for jewelry, looking for brand-new merchandise that I can scoop up and checking in with our stores in Soho, Nolita and on the Upper East Side.

TC: What are some of your most coveted and current designer pieces right now?

I am slowly, but surely amassing a collection of Missoni pieces which I am very proud of. I recently picked up a classic rainbow knit dress of theirs at our 176 Newbury St. store in Boston and am dying for the warm weather to arrive so that I can wear it. Also, I purchased a Rick Owens Lillies dress this past Fall at our 324 Newbury St. store that was a bit of a departure for me. It is long and slinky and done in a mocha-colored knit. Truthfully, it should be worn by someone taller than I am, but I not letting that get in my way! Finally, I scored a brand new pair of neud-colored Chloe sunglasses that are also anxiously awaiting nicer weather.

Here are some of our picks from a recent visit!


...

المشاركات الشائعة