الصفحات

Giants' Steve Tisch rooting for Jets in the playoffs

احدث اجدد واروع واجمل واشيك Giants' Steve Tisch rooting for Jets in the playoffs

New York Giants co-owner Steve Tisch may be trying to ease tensions in the cold war with his cross-building rival.

Tisch said Monday he's rooting for the playoff-bound New York Jets to reach the Super Bowl.

"I honestly wish them great success," Tisch said, via the Newark Star-Ledger. "I hope they go deep into the playoffs. If they can end up in Dallas (at Super Bowl XLV), I'd be thrilled because they do represent New York.

"They represent New York football and, as I mentioned, they're our partners and I like our partners – in this case, the Jets – to do well and succeed."

The Giants and Jets jointly built the $1.6 billion new Meadowlands Stadium that opened in 2010. But a rivalry between the two teams -- and their fan bases -- has historically existed.

Tisch said he realizes not all Giants fans will wish the Jets well.

"I understand that, but I also have to appreciate it from different perspectives, some of which may conflict with the die-hard Giants fan," Tisch said. "I think the Jets going deep into the playoffs is good for New York, it's good for new Meadowlands Stadium and it's good for both Jets and Giants fans who come to this stadium every Sunday. And I wish (Jets owner) Woody (Johnson) and (coach) Rex (Ryan) and their team great success starting next week."

...

المشاركات الشائعة